Morton's Neuroma

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

?I'm getting a sharp electrical pain in the outside toes when putting pressure on the ball of feet along with constant tingling in the foot and toes, doctor says could be MN, the worst of it though is the expetcation of the pain/sensation, it goes right through me.

?Hard to explain but for instance - if i think of getting up to walk i will experiance a horrible sensation (best way i can describe is nail on chalkboard feeling) in the foot that goes right through me and puts me off getting up at all, this continues if i'm on my feet even if there is no actual pain, its causing much distress at the moment, I'm thinking it's a nuerolgical condition.

?Has anyone else had anything similar? Anything that helped fix the problem?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What I would suggest is that you put your foot up and get husband, friend or whoever to press on the sole of your foot to identify the exact spot that is tender.  Then get two spongy insoles for your shoes and on the bad foot side cut a hole in the lower insole right where the tender spot is.  The second insole on top will soften the cut edges of the lower one.  Of course you have to have two insoles in the other foot to make both shoes of equal thickness.

This works for me.

let us all know if it helps.

David

• Posted

Hi Ant yes pain was really bad at times. I've had nerve removed 4 weeks ago for Mortons Neuroma. I had it for 18 months, 3 cortisone injections that gave brief relief only. 

I used s Ed to wear a gel insole to relieve the pressure.

so far Op seems to have worked. 

• Posted

Hi

the doctor should send you for a ultra scan to confirm if it is a Morton neuroma. My 1st visit to the doctor said to take anti inflamtories , the 2nd visit 2 years later to a different doctor said it was unlikely I had a Morton neuroma as it did not hurt to press area , (it only hurts to press when I have the pain now and again ) I pushed for a scan and I had two MN's. I had a injection between the toes that made things a whole lot worse . It's a different pain , like a electric shock in the last two toes and burning  , the pain use to be in the pad below the toes . sketchers memory foam boots and trainers are a god send . I have to do a excersise to stretch the calfs every 3 hrs .

they said surgery is the last resort . The consultant signed me off from her which I don't understand when I still have the problem , I can't carry on with this so might push for a op. My friends op was a success .

push your doctor for a scan 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.