Mouth ulcers & Ulcerative Colitis

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I've had ulcerative colitis 8 yrs. Having a flare up and this week started getting really sore mouth ulcers. I've heard mouth ulcers often associated with Crohn's and wondered if anyone else with ulcerative colitis suffers with them?

Kitti

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kitti,

have you considered FMT?..what about CBD?any chance youve

Given it a trial? Thanks claudiotamezyahoo

• Posted

CBD is not available in many countries. intestinal anti nflammation. Many UC trials but with drugs that I don't follow. I haven't checked. FMT open enrollment for UC..recently..will do in a few days. n-3PUFA ..far too technical for this forum..will pm you. 2014 studies illustrate a connection/association with TJ (tight

Junction) compromise allowing toxins thru this cell barrier thus causing many diseases including neuro. Claudio

• Posted

When you first didn't know you had colitis did you notice blood first
    • Posted

Yes I had blood first & was referred to a Cons Surgeon. I thought it was haemorrhoids. Surgeon checked my back passage & referred me to Gastro Dr. I had a barium enema & flex sigmoidoscopy which confirmed ulcerative colitis. In a way I was relieved as my dad had had bowel cancer & I was worried it might be that. Have you had investigations done by Gastro team yet? Try not to worry though that's easier said than done!

Kitti

• Posted

Hi Kitti

I have had colitis for over 15 years. I get mouth ulcers when I am having a flare up, often they come first. I have wondered if I was misdiagnosed with colitis. There is a blurred line between the two as far as I can see. I use Anbesol liquid to deal with the mouth ulcers, it anesthetic properties really do the trick. Give it a try. I do hope you feel better soon, colitis just keeps on giving doesn't it :-) alison

• Posted

The mouth ulcers are indicative of Crohns.

you need to see GP.

Bob

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.