MRI Scan

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Everyone

I had my MRI scan today of my lumbar spine I have been told to wait 3 WEEKS for the results. Has anyone else had to wait this long?

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lisa08367

i had a lumbar spine MRI & it took the same amount of time for me to get my results .it dosnt mean that there is anything serious but its just hospital red tapeĀ  i guess

very annoying either way

smile

• Posted

Hi Lisa, it depends on their policy. Where I live ANY hospital must return the results within 10 days. Which still meant not much as I had to wait 2+ weeks for the results one of the scans. Annoying but nothing that can be done. If you are really worried you can take the scans to a private expert which will return the results sooner. As setting the appointment + reading the result still will take few days, not sure that it's worth it.. Sorry :-(
  • Posted

Hi lisa I had to wait that long too .in 2002 I had it don't they got diagnosis wroung saying I didn't have AS all because they was unsure what to look for and because there was no inflammation on day of the mri but if they looked at next pic then it was very clear I have it as my pelvis is jagged not smooth. They should show u the results ask to see all the pics just incase.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.