MRSA, MSSA, Sepsis (gram negative/positive), etc.

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am educating myself on the above, however I cannot find medical articles, discussion, etc. online about my questions. I need to understand the following:

Can you have both MRSA and MSSA at the same time?

Can you have both gram negative and gram positive sepsis at the same time?

If just MRSA and one also has sepsis, will the sepsis only be negative (since MRSA is negative), or can it be either positive or negative, or both (if one can have them at the same time)?

If just MSSA and one also has sepsis, will the sepsis only be positive (since MSSA is positive), or can it be either negative or positive, or both (if one can have them at the same time)?

How can you corroborate in various tests/bloodwork/etc. within medical records that are reporting cultures showing, for example, MSSA and that is not possibly a false result where some other thing(s) one tested may contradict the result noted re MRSA vs MSSA, negative vs positive sepsis, etc.?

I may have more questions once this discussion goes on, though for now this is a good start. Please advise if you need further details from me, clarification on what I wrote, etc.

Kind regards...

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.