Mucus with blood in stools - desperate

Posted , 1 user is following.

i have been suffering from terrible gas and bloating for 6 months and tested high positive for sibo so left it to that.

Got better with the antibiotics, resumed normal life and since then am until now on a lowfod map diet for the sibo. 7 months and half later have lost 5 kg ( which i atributed to the diet and sibo itself which causes it ) .

After having to take a very agressive antibiotic recently my intestin got very messed up .

Now 1 month and half after i suddently started having for 5 days in a row now, normal consistency poop but with quite some mucus and small pieces of bright red blood in it. Like a strawberry jelly. At the same time also started having cramps when i need to poop and after, and sometimes feel the urge to poop more frequent.

I have a colonoscopy in 2 days but dont know how i will handle because im convinced its colon cancer.

its not hemorroids because the blood is only on the jelly in the outside of the stool not in the paper and that wouldnt cause cramps either.

Plus for what i understand also cant be inflammatory bowel disease because i dont have the typical diarreha, so that leaves me only with the worst option left.

Then i start thinking my weight loss could have been this all along, together with the back pain i have for around 2 years.

Has anyone been through this ? Thank you so much

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi have you been tested for ceoliac condition if yes try the haye diet, Google haye diet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.