Multiple Joints Pain - Doctors can't figure out cause!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello!

I am 21 years old and for about the past 5 years I have suffered from joint pains.

The pain has progressively been getting worse over time. The joints that are affected are in my hips/pelvis, knees, ankles, wrists, shoulders and lower back. I have been to the doctors many times with no luck! They have given me blood tests, MRI scans of my hips, physical therapy and put me on cocodamol painkillers. So far they have ruled out many potential causes e.g rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, lupus, bursitis, tendinitis and have said that it is not due to any inflammatory problems.

Here are some of my symptoms:

Joint pain in all joints but is not warm or swollen

Pain is an ache not sharp pains

No pain when sleeping unless lying on joint e.g hip joint

Hurts when sitting down in the same position for long periods of time

Pain persists until pressure is off of the joint (e.g sit down, stop carrying something)

Chest Pain and shortness of breath occasionally

Joints only hurt when moving, lying on them or applying pressure to them

Headaches with eye pain occasionally (maybe stress related?)

Joint pain is gradually getting worse over time (started about 5 years ago)

Joints hurt when prodded

Cold makes pain worse

Heat makes back pain better (heat pack when on period)

Joints crack/grate and hurt afterwards (might be double jointed?)

The joint pain comes from inside the joint not the whole/around the joint

Cannot sit crossed legged/kneel/squat/swim without pain

Any ideas or related stories are welcome!

Thank you,

E.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would imagine you probably had these three things checked but I have to mention them. anemia and your thyroid. It could also be a B vitamin deficiency. Make sure that all these things have been checked in your blood work. None of these three are checked with a CBC. you should also know that a rheumatoid arthritis blood test has a 25% chance of being wrong. However I would think that if you had RA it would have shown up in some Imaging.

• Posted

Hello! Thanks for the reply, I actually have a blood test for the Vitamin B deficiency next month. I will also ask them about thyroid and anemia. Thanks so much!

• Posted

Try an anti-inflammatory diet and eliminate certain foods and see if that helps any at all...I have serious joint pain and I have always noted in my case dairy and wheat make it worse...much worse...

Marilyn

• Posted

Hi ellie00164,

I wonder if you are experiencing some other symptoms besides multiple joint pain like heart palpitation and an uncomfortable feeling in your throat and front of your neck? Have you checked your vitamin D and calcium level?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.