multiple sclerosis

Posted , 9 users are following.

can anyone tell me their experience of taking baclofen. met someone today who has been able to give up using her sticks and can now walk fairly normally without any aids

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

HI

I don't have MS , nor do I know anything about baclofen. However, thought I'd mention that anybody who suffers from MS should look up on internet a treatment called LDN...Low Dose Naltrexone. A lot has been happening recently on government levels to have this treatment tested and accepted for use. There are many claims that it can be beneficial for MS and other auto immune diseases. Personally, I know an MS sufferer who's quality of life has been completely transformed by using LDN. Look up LDN Research Trust or view LDN videos on youtube.

• Posted

I have tried LDN. I took it for over two years and it made no difference to me.
  • Posted

Sorry to hear that. Apparently it's not suited to everyone with MS. But there are good reports that it works for some. There's going to be a House of Commons debate on it sometime in November, and it should be interesting to see what develops.

Really your question is about Baclofen, so best to leave that thread open.

• Posted

If you are taking Baclofen, it is important to know and understand that there are many serious side effects that should be dealt with by a doctor. If you experience chest pain, or experience any type of skin irritation or rash, it is important to make an appointment with a medical professional. In addition to this, ringing and other unusual sounds in the ears, experiencing mood fluctuations such as depression and media, blood in the urine, and even hallucinations or fainting while taking Baclofen, it is imperative that you seek medical help. These symptoms can result in many underlying medical issues that can be detrimental to your overall health. By knowing the potentially challenging side effects of Baclofen, you can weigh the pros and cons in order to determine if this type of medication is right for you.
  • Posted

Please consider the evidence of diet. It can be read by checking the work of Professor Roy Laver Swank or Professor George Jelinek or Dr. Ashton Embry. Swank treated about 3,500 MS patients between 1948 and 1987; Jelinek, himself an MS sufferer, has not experienced a relapse for twelve years; Embry's son had MS.
  • Posted

Hi i dont have ms but i suffer from constant muscle spasms from my back down to the tops of my thighs and i find baclofen very reliving. It relaxes and lossens my muscles for a good four hours and also helps take some of the pain away. I'm on 10mg three times a day,it makes me feel very drowsy and effects my short term memory but its worth it for the relief .
  • Posted

HI THERE, I have MS and have lived with it for 10 years, my response to all these replies especially those that do not have MS is leave it to the Professionals, I was advised not to believe all on the internet as a lot is not right whilst I know some is but seek a group to discuss these symptoms if all else fails. I belong to an exercise group that is run for MS and you would be surprised what talking to someone else can unlease. Somebody has always tried something of that has been passed by N.I.C.E so you always know that it is save. Sitting in an oxygen booth for 1 hour every week is very beneficial to some. Other drugs work for some, We MS sufferers are all unique to our own symptoms, what works for one does nothing for the next one.
  • Posted

Ok well I don't have ms BUT i do have muscle spasms caused by bilateral forminal stenosis so I can sympathise with spasms and thought I would say how baclofen gives me some relief . I just thought I would be helpful.
  • Posted

I have MS and take Baclofen to reduce twitches in my knees and ankles. I take 1 * 10 mg tablet twice a day. The half life is only 4 hours and went trough a period when I was woken at night. My consultant then suggested I take Tizanadine. I take 3 * 2mg each night and problem fixed. Tizanadine has an 8 hour half life
  • Posted

Baclofen isn't meant to be, nor is it, any kind of miracle working medication, that allows people with MS to throw away their walking aids. It is meant to be used to relieve SOME muscle spasm, completely reducing it would cause weakness of the muscles and be counterproductive. If, and that's IF there's a national rollout of LDN, in the UK, then, OK, we can revisit it then. It seems to me that this post has been somewhat hijacked as a place to try and sell stuff. I have MS, it's pretty unpleasant, at times, so really am unimpressed by a lot (most) of the posts... Baclofen helps me, like another poster I definitely think that it's a VERY individual condition. One thing NONE of us needs, is snake oil...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.