Multiple symptoms, any insight appreciated

Posted , 1 user is following.

Recently I've been to two general physicians as well as an optometrist and so far, no one can tell me what's going on with me. My blood pressure was high but not high enough to treat and has gone down with better diet. I had a blood test that ruled out diabetes but said my liver enzymes are a little high so I will be following up with a physician in April. However I thought I would look elsewhere for an opinion in the event that they still don't know what the issue is.

Here are the symptoms I've been experiencing:

• Tingling in feet, sometimes hands but not as often

• Sometime ago, my left eyelid was twitching off and on. This went away and hasn't come back

• Awhile later, a spot right under my right eye started to periodically twitch/pulse. Behind my eyebrow often feels "heavy". This also happens in the left eye but less often. As I'm typing this, I can feel that "heaviness" behind both eyebrows

• Periods of hazy/blurry lines/shapes affecting my vision shortly after waking up

• Right eye often feels uncomfortable

Vertigo-like feeling randomly thoroughout the day (meaning trouble focusing, dizziness, nausea, feeling like I might faint but never did). There was one day where minutes after eating breakfast from McDonald's my head started to feel very uncomfortable and while at work I had an extremely hard time staying focused and really thought I could've fainted at any point. It eventually went away but I felt off for the rest of the day. Another extreme instance was there was one night where I got into bed and suddenly felt very dizzy. The entire room started quickly spinning so I closed my eyes with my hands over them but it didn't help

• Urinating every 1-2 hours

• Headaches more frequently than I used to get them, almost daily or multiple times a day now

• Feeling very fatigued if I haven't eaten (ex: missing breakfast) or have only had something small. Also getting a sort of "energetic high" that's quite uncomfortable after eating, whether I've been eating properly that day or not

The physicians said that based on the blood test and what they've seen, I'm in good health (while still needing to follow up on the liver enzymes). One physician said that this is all likely due to stress/anxiety. This may be entirely possible as I am typically under a fair amount of stress, however everything seems to be directly affected by what and when I eat. I've drastically reduced the amount of sugar and carbs in my diet and the symptoms have greatly improved but haven't completely gone away. It seems like if I eat a something sweet or a dessert the feelings in my eye will become more drastic. If I have a large meal or even just try to include carbs such as pasta/bread/etc I'm more likely to experience the vertigo-like feelings mentioned above. Would it still happen like this if it was in fact, related to stress?

They advised me to see an optometrist which I went ahead and did. He told me there doesn't seem to be any issues with my eyes so he wasn't sure what could be causing these symptoms either. My current glasses are fairly worn out so I did order new ones, we'll see if that helps with the headaches and my eye feeling uncomfortable.

Information about me: I'm male, 31 years old. Height is 5'9". Weight was 238lbs a month ago when I first went to the doctor and is now 230lbs as I've been improving my diet.

Thank you for reading my post and for any response you might provide.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.