Muscle aches, pain, twitches lower back & neck pain severe headach thigh shoulder pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I believe I contacted the rabies virus. If your reading this and you have indoor outdoor pets, been scratched or bitten by or even licked on an open sore by an animal.  You could have contracted the rabies virus.  I have all the same symptoms that started one month after I took in an injured farel cat.  I stupidly gave up the cat 2 days after I took him in and was never able to find out what happened to him. If I had kept him I could of had him tested. I wasn’t able to have the cat tested so the doctor would not start the life saving  rabies shots.  I told the ER doc right away I thought I had contracted rabies from that cat and asked to have the rabies post exposure shots.  Denied!  Ridiculous!  The ER doctor said he didn’t think my symptoms were from rabies.  I knew without a doubt that’s what was and is still going on, now especially after doing all the reaseach I have done.  I know my body, I am not an anxious person and don’t have anxiety.  I can’t believe in this day in age that if you go into an ER,  the Health Department or Animal Shelter that they are all so unknowlegable about rabies.  I am a religious person and if I’m going to die from rabies I want to spread awareness so I might be able to help educate and maybe help someone else.  People and doctors are in the dark about Rabies.  I could write a book with all the information I have accumlated since last March.  Rabid animals aren’t  always foaming at the mouth and aggressive they can be the opposite, very friendly.  There are two forms of rabies, the furious form with the classic symptoms, hydrophobia, encephalitis and sensitivity to light.  The paralytic form presents differently, and generally takes longer in the body (depending on the viral load) which ends with the virus attacking all your organs, resulting in muscle twitches and malfunction of your internal organs, including heart and diaphragm.  Virurses like the West Nile and rabies cause muscle twitches.  Lyme Disease causes muscle twitches too but Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection and can be treated in the later stages.  I have a medical background so when my symptoms started it didn’t take me long to figure out what was going.  Why a doctor would question and hesitate to administer shots to save a life is beyond me.  I am calm now because I’ve had 11 months to come to grips with what is probably going to happen. I’m probably terrible for putting  scary information on here but my heart tells me I need to spread awareness.   In the very beginning I had weakness in my legs at the sides of my knees about a week later twitching in my ribs a weird throat sensation and weakness in my arms. Some where in there I had the worst most painful headach of my life which brought me to the ER.  A couple weeks later I started having muscle aches all over my body so bad I had to by a heating pad.   This lasted about a month and I was miserable. Soon after that  tingling started in my feet and I started having thigh pain.  All of these symptoms are worse about a half hour after I eat.  My latest symptoms have been pain in both shoulders and chest pain. I’ve also had ear pain and it’s been itchy and dry in my ear canal.  Dizziness and painful brain zaps.   I have had every blood test and under the sun  CT’s, MRI’s and EMG’s.  I’m sure I have missed some symptoms this past year has been a living hell.  I gave up for a while but now I’m fighting for a cause 

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

how are you doing? its been 3 years since you posted this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.