Muscle spasm after compression fracture

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am writing this for my mother. 5 months ago she got spine fracture in her L3 vertebrae. After 3 months bed rest doctor suggested to do the daily activities. But later she faced back spasms in both sides of the back. Also a tingling and burning sensation. But no pain in legs. Doctor said it should be muscle problem. So he prescribed some tablets. But again she faced the spasms after stoped the medicine. Then after watching some YouTube videos I put ice pack and hot pack in her back and the pain goes away. But now she is facing sharp spasm in her lower right side of back when getting up from bed and bending forward. But after getting up pain gradually decrease. what is the reason for that?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Poor Mum. She really needs some proper physiotherapy from a qualified therapist. he/she could teach her exercises to strengthen her muscles properly after laying in bed so long. She may need painkillers for some time until the muscle strength has recovered.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.