Muscle twitches??

Posted , 6 users are following.

Can citalopram cause muscle twitches?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amy,

Basically my doc tells me there are a number of common side effects and then some that effect 1 in 50 people I have the odd muscle twitch every now and then but moreso is the tremors everyday all day only minor ???? the brain is undergoing a lot of chemical change there has to be some upset in flow? hope that helps try to worry too much about weird things goin on its only temporary stay positive smile

• Posted

Yes. Twitching, tremor, burning sensation, jumping feeling, you name it. It disappears in 4-5 weeks.
  • Posted

Since I have been on these meds my legs and feet literally jump on there own. Notice it more when I'm resting. Weird feeling. Think it tells you on the paperwork inside the packet that this can happen.
  • Posted

Thanks guys. I've never had it before been on them a while. Upped to 20 a few weeks ago, so I hope it stops.
    • Posted

Hi Amy did this twitching go away? Ive upped to 20 mg 4 weeks ago today and im also getting it especially in my legs
  • Posted

Hi Amy,

I have not found this.I read the side effects may well be signs of low blood level of sodium.(I dont think this is anything to worry about)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.