Muscles tightening from head to toe, need advice?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm a 54 yr old male with a severe problem of my muscles tightening from head to toe, especially in the pelvic region. This is causing tingling, tightening pain to radiate down both legs to my feet and up to my head. I've been to many doctors, and none of them can figure out this issue. I did have one doctor tell me that I have a certain body type and to only drink warm liquids and eat small meals. By doing this it does help some, but not enough to have a quality life. I have noticed that my pelvic region does stay very cold, and that I don't tolerate cold weather very good. For the past few years my diet has consisted of warm or room temperature water and very small meals. My pain levels still seem to be getting worse and worse. I also need to mention that I've had two inguinal hernia operations in the past where they used mesh to repair it. It seems that the pressure from the mesh coupled with my body type has my body in a constant tightening pain. I'm unable to get a good night sleep, and I'm missing a lot of days from work because of the pain. Could anyone give me some advice on what they would do or if they are having a similar issue? Thanks

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

hernia surgery recovery of no walk in the park. sorry you had to endure the pain that seems to accompany this type of surgery.

how long since your last surgery. the symptoms seems to be directly in some way connected to the surgery. any way you can see your doctor for evaluation ? this could be any number of things but i dont think the advice you have received is enough at this point. start with the surgery and recovery continue to insist on answers until you are satisfied. you deserve more after care. sometimes we need to be our own advocate. stand up for better care do your research and push for better care. i dont care if we are in a pandemic you answers are just as important.

• Edited

Thanks for your reply. I had the first surgery in 2004 on the right side and another surgery on the left side in 2006. I have never been the same person since the 2004 surgery. The mesh just seems to make my whole body operate in a different fashion. I think it could be either the tension of the mesh or the pressure that it is putting on my pelvic region. I'm scheduled to see a Neurologist soon so I am hoping he can untangle the reason my whole body is tightening with pain. Removing the mesh is not an option by my understanding so it will need to be a work around in some way.

• Edited

Hopefully they can get you back on your feet. It takes a very long time to recover from hernia surgery. Get better soon.

Sending healing blessings your way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.