my 19 yr old daughter is on her 8th kidney infection…

Posted , 3 users are following.

so we are feeling a bit deflated..After11 rounds of antibiotics uti and kidney infections keep surfacing all resorting to ER visits..Clearly antibiotics are not working.. They are resistant.  She has done the gammot from IV rounds to 14-20 day stints..  An ultrasound was done reporting there was no structural damage.  So what is the next step.  Her body is having all the side effects of 11 rounds of antibiotics.. She has a sugar free, dairy free, gluten free diet and is pumping probiotics...What do we do? We are looking for any alternative routes to help support.. Acupuncture hasnt done much for her, but are willing to keep going..THis is scarey...

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

So sorry to hear about your daughters problem. The fact that you cannot seem to get answers & or effective treatment also compound your worries. As a lay person I do not have a answer. However I do work in the aged care industry and UTI's are a common and ongoing problem. One or two of the residence have infections that have been extensivly tested and there is just nothing that is available to erradicate them. I guess you have tried the cranberry juice/powder. The strongest,purest form is the best. We use that. Do you know if it is a stubborn infection that never clears or just re infection at early intervals. It is bad but we are seeing more and more infections that are completly resistant to antibiotics, and I think the medical proffession are fearful to disclose the extent. I do wish you and your daughter well, & some answers to this ongoing problem. Regards Jennifer.
    • Posted

Thank you.. I know i have been doing some research and there is a specific strain of E. coli that is becoming the superbug.. It is scarey.. Yes we are doing the d mannos and other herbs..it seems to be reinfection thats occuring..
  • Posted

Well, if your daughter wasn't on a dairy-free diet, I would at least suggest a daily pot of 'live' yoghurt to help replace the natural bacteria of the stomach depleted by all the antibiotics.

I believe the secret is to reduce acidity levels in the body and restore it to a more alkaline state.  This is where a food combining diet can help where proteins and carbs are separated into different meal times.

​Just today a friend has mentioned to me that she has been experiencing UTI's that are antibiotic-resistant, and, of course, we are hearing more and more about the general population becoming resistant to antibiotics.  Plus the problem seems to be that each infection can be with a different bacteria.  My friend is finding success with cranberry juice as also is a friend of her's.  Another friend has told me that she finds cranberry tablets even better than cranberry juice. 

​At least it's good news to hear that an ultrasound has ruled out any problems with her kidneys.  If you haven't already seen one, perhaps a urologist might be able to further investigate.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.