My ankle hurts when I play football, but its fine when I'm playing basketball. Why is this?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I injured my ankle whilst playing football a while ago but due to covid and long waiting lines, I couldn't get an appointment to see anyone about it. Over the coming months I tried to play football again but could only play for about ten minutes before I had to stop and go home due to my ankle hurting to much. I decided to try and play basketball as I still wanted to play sports and be active, and its been fine. There is no strain or pain on my ankle when I play basketball.

Is it possibly because when i'm playing football i'm making direct contact between my ankle and the ball, and this is why I can't play football but can play basketball?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.