My anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, I am new to this forum but cameacross it as I was googling symptoms last night. I'm 28 years old and I've never been on a forum but this one really stood out because it made me feel and like I wasn't alone in the world. I've always had bad anxiety but always found ways to cope with it without going to the doctor because I really don't want to be on prescription medication. Anyways, lately I've been feeling like I don't belong , like grounds not mine to walk upon. I wake up when I can sleep aware of every little ache and pain and so it begins. I search symptoms on Google until I'm convinced something bad is wrong with me. Its got to the point where I can barely function I'm every day life. I feel confused a lot through the day, unable to concentrate because of racing thoughts. I get zoned out and have constant pressure in my head. The other day I had what I thought was a panic attack, but now i think it may be a mino stroke due to Google research which I know is part of my problem ha. I was watching TV when all of a sudden the light started getting more and more sensitive to the point where I couldnt stand it. I got up and started to feel nausea and get tunnel vision. I went in to try and start a conversation with my girlfriend but no thoughts would come to mind. I told her I felt weird and my heart started beating really fast then slow and back fast again. I started to feel heavy and faint, so I rushed and ran some cold water over my head. I layer in the dark and finally got over the feeling. I felt like was going to die. Is that normal for a panic attack. Does anyone else feel like I do? I thin i may have a brain hemmorage or something bad or does this sound like anxiety?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi there I'm also new to this and know that your never alone in this. I have exactly how you feel and I understand too. This is just anxiety. I know it ain't easy but just remember that your stronger then these feelings and thoughts??

• Posted

Thank you for the kind words and I know but theses feelings are hard to shake.
  • Posted

Hi Jess,

Sorry to hear about this. Firstly, googling your symptoms is the worst thing to do. You end up thinking you have the worst possible thing, when in reality it could be your anxiety that is causing these symptoms eg with the faintness and nausea. These are normal feelings with anxiety. But I highly reccomend seeing a doctor. I was also against medication but after seeing both a psychologist and a doctor and now taking meds I am beginning to feel like myself again.

• Posted

I went to the doctor Friday and they prescribed me Paxil which I threw away after reading the side effects.
  • Posted

Hi,

I have never had traditional style panic attacks but what you describe does sound like one. I very much doubt it's a brain memmorage and google is your worst enemy with anxiety. Take any problem, google it and it is instantly 10 times worse smile

I think you should go to the doctors. There are many people who fight anxiety without medication, but not me. Medication all the way with me and it has helped tremendously, I am so much better now. It is not nice to have to start taking medication and some of the side effects can be horrible so it depends how bad the anxiety is. For me the side effects are bad but nothing compared to the anxiety they have fixed. I am on a heavy dose of anti-depressants and a smaller dose of anti-psychotics. Most people respond well to just ADs.

You can also try therapy but therapy is difficult if you are not stable when you start it.

BW, BM.

• Posted

I know this is probably anxiety to but I have a irregular shaped forehead and have been have pains and pressures in it. It is driving me crazy. I am just in bad shape and apologize for being such a downer. I can barely concentrate enough to type this. So glad I ran upon this supportive forum.
  • Posted

Its best not to throw away the medication. They have to list all the possible side effects but these do not happen to everyone. You may experience no side effects whatsoever. If your doctor prescribed them for you its worth following their advice, they know that even if the meds have side effects the benefits of taking them will outweigh the bad side effects. Additionally side effects dont last for very long.
  • Posted

Just because side effects are listed doesn't mean you will get any of them. If you do....call doctor and try another.

I went through seven blood pressure meds before one that had no side effects of me. For anxiety, the first one prescribed was perfect. The reason you are on this site is because we here are all experiencing anxiety and have had much experience with symptoms and meds. With anxiety, reading the side effects of anything make us more likely to experience some...that's part of what anxiety does, Jess!!! Hugs

• Posted

You Definitly have anxiety it's the worse feeling and I also get really bad pressure in my head

• Posted

Find a doctor you trust. If they prescribe meds, it's because they think it will be beneficial. I've done meds and counseling both. They have both helped. It does take time to get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.