My bartholin cyst finally burst :) Let me give you the remedy.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I want to share with you a home remedy that i found on this page that actually worked.

Things you will need to go buy:

1. Coconut oil
  2. Tummeric powder
  3. baking soda
  4. sea salt
  5. tea tree oil
  6. apple cider vinegar
  7. sitz bath seat ( to make it easier)
  8. Epsom Salt

So I developed a Bartholin cyst about 5 days ago in which I had no clue what it was or how I got it 😦 It was very painful. The next day I went to see my Doctor and she prescribed me Sulfamethoxazole 800MG antibiotics for the next ten days 2 times a day. I kept noticing my cyst growing looking more bruised I couldnt even walk without crying. So I was determined to have the cyst somehow pop naturally without me pooping it and infecting it more.

I sat in my sitz bath on the toilet with hot/warm water and i put epsom salt as i just sat for about 5-10 mins. Keep in mind that the epsom salt and the heat will hurt a bit when you sit in. You some how have to deal with it. After I was done i would apply apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball/ paper towel and dipped it in apple cider vinegar as i applied it directly to the cyst. I made sure to have a maxi pad on and i left the cotton ball on it as i fell asleep.

The next day i mixed tummeric powder with coconut oil and made a paste. It does get very messy just FYI. I applied it directly to the cyst as i have a maxi pad on. I left that in place for 2 hours. So 2 hours later I mixed baking soda with sea salt and water to make a different paste. I drenched my cotton ball in there and applied it directly to the cyst. I also applied tea tree oil directly to the cyst. I left the cotton ball in the maxi pad and went about my day. Later that night I got home and did a sitz bath with epsom salt and I poured tea tree oil in my seat bath on the toilet. It felt as if my skin was burning ripping on fire but i knew i had to fight through the pain. Then when I finished i dried the area and applied apple cider vinegar again on a cotton ball directly to the cyst and then 10 mins later applied the baking soda sea salt water paste directy to the cyst. At this point I was determined for it to burst, I couldn't bare the pain. I made sure to sleep with a big fluffy pillow in between my legs it helped alot. The next day(today) I woke up and I was still in alot of pain. This morning i decided to email my doctor to see if they can drain it out. I took a break at work about 2 hours ago and guess what??? IT BURST OPEN! i was so happy 😃 I felt alot of relief as i was able to walk better. the wound is still open from the puss coming out but i will care for it after work. As for now i am so happy that horrible pain drained out.

i hope i was able to help 😃

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Oh good for you its such a relive when it burst. I currently have one and I expect it will burst in maybe 4 days. Its about my 15th time. I always use witch hazel, tea tree oil and epsom salt. I am done going to a doctor to drain it, its torture. I also had the marsupialization but it still come back.

• Posted

My BC finally started draining last night. however I'm not sure how to treat now. Its slowly draining, but do I continue to take sitz baths? How do I make sure it continues to drain all the way? What worked for you?

• Posted

im currently in the same situation you described! what did you do? were you in pain? I'm still in a lot of pain and just want it gone!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.