My brother 35years cant move his legs, hands and body well

Posted , 3 users are following.

He started expriencing difficulty in using his fingers then letter grows to the whole body. we went to the hospital the doctor says he suspect parkison's disease. we were given norflex tablests. for the past five years he has been taken the norflex tablets helps in relaxing his muscles. please is there any remedy for this problem?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Norflex is a drug for Parkinsons disease.  It's not a fluoroquinlone antibiotic (you may be confusing it with Norfloxacin perhaps).  Or have you posted in this group because he's also taken a fluoroquinolone?

If your brother has Parkinsons and the Norflex helps to relax his muscles then it's doing what it's supposed to.  Has he been checked by another doctor and had the diagnosis confirmed or is he still taking these tablets because the hospital doctor suspected Parkinsons?  If it's not confirmed yet I suggest he sees someone and gets a proper diagnosis as there may be better drugs that can help him now.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Thanks Miriam.Two doctors suspected the parkinsons disease and recommended the norfloxacin drug which i suppose norflex is in the group. i will consult another doctor for help. however the case i stated above is his situation for the past five years. He cant eat or move till he takes the norfloxacin tablets, if there are better drugs you suggest please, thanks

• Posted

Anawa, I think you're still confused.  Norflex is a drug for Parkinsons.

It's got nothing at all to do with Norfloxacin - no connection, nothing like the same chemical formula.  Norfloxacin is an antibiotic from the fluoroquinolone group.  They are much more likely to prevent anyone from moving rather than helping!

The names are slightly similar but a few letters is all they have in common!

Your brother can't eat or move probably because he has Parkinsons - but as I'm not a doctor and haven't seen him I can't possibly say for sure.  Get a doctor  to see him for a full examination and tests to see if he actually has Parkinsons.  To say two doctors 'suspected' is not very good.  Why are you saying YOU will consult another doctor - any doctor has to see the actual patient!  Your brother needs an actual accurate diagnosis and then to have the proper drugs prescribed. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.