My cure for olp

Posted , 35 users are following.

I have had lichen planus for many years, both oral and genitalia area.  I was seeing an oral surgeon 3X/yr to check the ulcer inside my cheek.  Visits now 2X/yr. I have cured the olp in my mouth, but still fighting the other area.  My olp cure:  equal parts solid coconut oil and baking soda, optional few drops of oil flavoring.  Started using in November 2014 and have not recurrence since!  My doctor asked for my recipe, shares with his other olp patients, which has also cured them??  Found this recipe on-line just as a toothpaste, but no connection to olp.  Happy days????

9 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Hi Carol, this is brilliant , i will try this as i have OLP for 5 yrs , when i mix it do i swallow it or just let speread around inside my mouth and spit the excess out, so with a bit of luck maybe it will work for me...thank you
  • Posted

Thanks so much for posting this info! Patrick has asked what I was wondering how do you use it to best effect?

Re the vulval lp  I have this intermittently and my local hospital hospital prescribed Balneum cream. It has helped me enormously. I asked how often I could use it and was told as many times a day as I needed. I do use it  regularly after most trips to the loo as moisturising does seem to make a big difference. I have stopped using any soap or other cleanser in the area and rely on warm water and it helps me. Hopefully some of my tips may help you. Thank you once again!

• Posted

Hi carol I am really keen to try this recipe can you tell me do I us it to brush my teeth or as a mouthwash and how often .Thanks I can't wait to try it

• Posted

Hello

So happy to hear of the your relief from olp.

I would also like to know how you apply coconut oil with baking soda for effectiveness.

Thanks for sharing

• Posted

Hi, that’s sounds brilliant! could you explain how to apply this? Is it as a toothpaste or rubbed into the affected areas? 
  • Posted

Hi Carol

I was diagnosed with OLP 4 months ago. Do you use your special recipe as a rinse or a paste applied directly to mouth lesions? I have been using pure coconut oil every morning before I eat or drink anything. You put about a teaspoonful into your mouth and swish it around for 10 to 15 minutes. Then you immediately brush your teeth afterwards as the coconut oil draws out all of the toxins out in your mouth. I have found it's giving me some relief. I definitely find that sugar is the worst thing you can eat for this disease.

• Posted

Try Neem toothpaste. It has helped my gums significantly as though they are getting harder and less irritated. I have been doing it for a month. I still do the coconut oil but now only at night.
  • Posted

Hi Carol,

I came across your info on olp.

My question is as well,do you swollow the mic or spit it out or do you brush your teeth with mix.How long do I keep in my mouth?

• Edited

I hope you get to see this post years later. But I have had success with your recipe. Just mix the oil and baking soda and use it as a jelly, thick liquid sort of mouth wash.

I can't believe that I have seen result is just 10 days!

After more than 2 years of trying things. I have seen more significant change from this than anything else.

BTW, tumeric/ curcumin is also good. But nothing like this.

My white marks on the tongue have decreased by 80% in 10 days! I can't believe it!

I am so greatful! Thank you so much!

@all people - try this now for great results. Lady you are a genius. I can't believe doctors are't aware of thi.

Thanks again!

• Posted

hi id really love some more info on this recipie i was diagnosed yestaday and im so scared. I have it in the mouth and on my skin im so petrified its gonna turn to cancer i really am panicing doc has told me not to worry but its so hard not to . sorry to go on i just have no one to talk to many thanks christine x

• Posted

I also just found out that I have the oral. I have been looking for a positive blog just like this. Will be trying the baking soda and oil. It sounds good. Also started meditating and watching funny movies to keep my nerves under control. diet sounds pretty important too.

• Posted

hi joanne

i still have it in my mouth but i believe its slowly getting better

my nerves are to shreds as i suffer with health anxiety so trying to keep it under control sounds a good idea

when i first found out i had this i was ina a state of panic, like i was going to die only because i was googling and looking it up then seeing about cancer but iv calmed down a bit now

defantly give it a go the oil tastes great baking soda no so great but if it helps i can cope with that

i hope you get it under control x

• Posted

i am interested in the tumeric/curcumin regime. Can you please tell me what to do. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.