My daughter’s first psychotic break & coming off olanzapine

Posted , 3 users are following.

3 weeks ago my daughter whos 16 had a psychotic break. The youngest of four children, I never expected this. The previous 2 weeks she had been practicing a strange type of yoga kundalini or something like that and after reaearching it has a history of people reporting psychosis while studying it. Ive asked her not to stidy it anymore but who knows what shes doing alone. The medication they used in the hospital to being her back was olanzipine It cane with a slew of health warnings and reccomendation of getting her off of it asap! yesterday was her first day of just the abilify and she was up basically all night. This is SO scary, IDK if what Im doing is right, if she'll have another episode, if she will run into the street again. She's my best friend, she's so smart and so amazing and Im so scared right now. Im so overwhelmed. Im trying to keep her days happy, full of events & busy, Im so tired, Im scared she will get up at night so I dont sleep well at all. They havent diagnosed her with anything yet as they need more time because you cant diagnose something unless its persistant for so long BUT giving her medication to snap out of it how can one actually come to a true diagnosis? Im having so many emotions and questions and I just want my baby to be okay again. Im afraid Ill never be able to leave her alone comfortably again. I dont know what to do or say or feel. I feel like Im not functioning as well because im exhausted and ao devastated I cant even think clearly. Im trying to save my baby from an invisible enemy, and I just dont know what to do She gets irritated easily which is new, it makes it hard for me because Im only trying to help her and she is pushing me away, its just so hard & I just dont know what to do.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.