My experience

Posted , 2 users are following.

I noticed when I lost 50 lb my symptoms pretty much disappeared . But I do still notice every now and then I'll have a normal headache which I used to not experience before IIH. My iih appear after recovering out of the ICU and I truly believe it was some of the medicine that they had me on powerful steroids

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I tried the loosing weight i lost over a stone but im not overly big but i didnt see a change, i am asthmatic so was constantly on & off steroids growing up could that be a trigger.

• Posted

In my opinion and from the research that I have done I truly do believe steroids can trigger IH. In fact I went into deadly allergic to sunflower seeds. And I was in the ICU and I died for 17 seconds and was brought back to life using steroids. I think the steroids triggered the iih. I gained an immediate amount of weight and got iih and month later after leaving the hospital. And I suffered with that for about six months. I did all this reading and I found out leaving carbohydrates alone working out and eating only meat fruits and vegetables I've been eating like this for months now it really helps

• Posted

Well i dont know what to do then cause i dont eat alot but often as told i dont drink fizzy pop or eat crisp or choc anything like that doesnt really appeal to me if im peckish id rather eat a piece of fruit,

• Posted

Honestly in my opinion I truly believe it was just steroids that cause my iih . I was on powerful drugs in the ICU but then again there are a lot of people who are on powerful drugs in the ICU and do not have to deal with iih. I don't know why I was so unfortunate to get iih when a lot of people in the ICU are given steroids and have no problems. My I got so bad that I develop papilloedema and had to get eye surgery and a stunt put in my brain. After my second operation and weight loss A 50lb it went into remission. But with every headache I'm always so afraid that is coming back

• Posted

I had papilledema but that went & i was told it had gone into remission at this point all id had done was just a lumba, just recently my headaches & pain behind my eyes & pressure is coming back which is why they have decided to start me on the acetazolamide, im not sure what happens next.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.