My father has been diagnosed with sleep epilepsy

Posted , 2 users are following.

My elderly  father 88 of age had fallen asleep and wasnt able to be awakened for 10 minutes. He was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance and had been diagnosed with sleep epilepsy wwhich we knew nothing of.  As my parents live in Italy and I never have heard of this. He is constantly wanting to sleep. They also diagnosed him with kidney infection at thae same time and he also has a form of Alzeihmers. To care for my father properly we need to fly him to Australia so he can be cared for with family and have medical attention as he is an Australian citizen. Is it a danger to fly this distance with this conditions. As the doctors we are talking to are not being very helpful on this matter. Can anyone help please.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I personally have not heard of it, but perhaps one of the others might be able to help.

I wish your Dad all the best and please take care also xx 

Good Luck

Win

• Posted

Thankyou so much for replying and for your wishes.x
  • Posted

I haven't been diagnosed as Sleep Epilepsy but I only have nocturnal seizures. Since I was age 4.

Take care - Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.