My fiance has an illness that we cannot figure out.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ever since I've known my husband, he has had a condition that the doctors had diagnosed as vasovagal syncope. Basically, at any random time, he would faint due to his heart rate slowing down. Due to an insurance error at the hospital, we are not able to get all the help we need to find out more about his condition.

Recently, he has gotten a lot worse. He gets to the point where he gets very confused, is unable to get many words out, stares off into space, and sometimes cannot control his body movements. The doctors suggested that these are characteristics of a seizure. He has now gotten topiramate for the seizures and midodrine to raise his blood pressure. Ever since he has taken these medications, everything has gotten worse. Along with the previous signs, his legs and hands go numb, he is in pain, and he is now getting blurred and patchy vision. He seems to be getting more lightheaded and dizzie too.

If anyone knows anything about this, please let me know; we are desperate.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Not sure if is any help but get his bloods done again just an idea , could be immune disorder ? 
  • Posted

Hey going by what you have said about him having vasovagal synscope: The medical term for fainting is syncope. Fainting is a sudden loss of consciousness, usually temporary and typically caused by a lack of oxygen in the brain.  

I think you need to find out what is causing his brain oxygen deprivation episodes and i would try to find out fast as it could lead to permant damage.

• Posted

brain oxygen deprivation can cause the other symptoms he is having that you described, and goes with his fainting

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.