my grandma's illness

Posted , 9 users are following.

from last  6 days ,my grandma's has became very ill,she has loss of appetite,her thrist has increased a lot,has mental confusion,unalble to walk,unable to chew,she is 65 and I think she is also having short memory losses. Can someone give me any advice regarding this??plz!!

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Rahul

I hope that your grandma has been seen by a Doctor by now.  She has some critical issues that need immediate attention.  Her increased thirst could mean she is dehydrated, or does she have diabetes??

Why is she unable to walk? Is this new or from injury? Why can't she chew?  She must not be getting proper

nutrition if she isn't eating.  Short memory issues may be normal at age 65, but with everything else you mentioned, She needs to be evaluated by a Doctor as soon as possible.  She could have suffered a stroke.

Please get her the medical treatment she needs.  

• Posted

thnx faithInHim, 

but I should tell u that she is not suffering from diabetes,we called a doctor which gave her some medicines but she hardly seems to recover,as far as her unable to walk is concerned she is not suffering from any injury,she just bends her feet when we try to get her on her feet, also lastly her urination rate has also increased.

• Posted

Hi Rahul84703,

Sounds like your Grandmother may be having thyroid issues creating a decrease of thyroxin in her body. Thyroxin is responsible for proper metabolic function and protein synthesis. The memory loss could be due to lack of protein in the body. Protein is necessary for energy, strength and concentration.

Consult a doctor about possibly prescribing "Levothyroxine".

Regards,

KOALA

• Posted

Perhaps Grandma should see a Dr. Sometimes excessive thirst can be diabetes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.