My husband is having the same reactions. I actually too...

Posted , 3 users are following.

My husband is having the same reactions. I actually took him to the hospital because he removed the patch because of his reactions and he went through withdraw. and he took it off two days ago because he can't sleep and when he tries, he jumps in bed like a fish. He is all over the bed and doesn't remember. He actually kicks and he was talking in his sleep but it sounded like another language. He has lost 5 pounds in one week. Do you know how like it takes to get the Fentanyl out of his system

[i:69598ed88f]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:69598ed88f]

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

All I can say is I was on the 50 and got put on the 25 a few weeks ago and only had gastrointestinal issues and nothing more but a little leg movement discomfort but i would say about 2 week's and it should be out of his system i hope! I wish him the best.

• Posted

How is your husband now? Today makes 7 weeks without a patch and I'm still having problems with restless legs and also skin sensitivity. I hope things are well with you both.

Melissa

• Posted

It took me 10 weeks but I was on the patch for 16 years. They say it's out of the system in 3 days but the effect it has on the brain is freaky. The brain has to learn how to make dolpamine after opioids. If your husband is sleeping that is awesome. Most of us could not sleep due to the creepy crawly painful legs that keep you moving and want to jump out of your skin. If he is getting rest leave him be and sleep somewhere else for awhile. I was so bad I walked the floors all night.

The stomachs issue should settle down rather quickly. Just go with more bland foods for now This does get better but everyone is different with timeframe. Make sure he is not sleep walking since he is not remembering. Also what other meds do they have him on. Could be a reaction tooxong

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.