my husband suffering from ringing sound in both ears he is 37

Posted , 3 users are following.

My husband is just 37 . He is suffering from tinitus ringing in both ears ..His ringing start in 2015 oct . Since 11 months almost . He could able to sleep a single nyt. All the time ringing sound coming in both ears . He got all test done his audiometry report is fine brain MRI is absolutely fine . Went to many ent dctrs but dctrs didnt find anything. He used to go fr a walk daily one day his ear phone volume was high . N he put in his ears n suddenly a sound cAme out n from dat day ears start ringing . Plz help my husband he is. Very much disturb . He could not sleep whole nyt . Very diificult for him to manage in office & home .

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm not a medically qualified person but Tinnitus is just one symptom of "Vitamin B12 Deficiency" which can arise for many different reasons such as having had gastric surgery, or surgery/dental treatment where nitrous oxide was used, eating a meat free diet, using antacids or proton pump inhibiitors, having been prescribed antibiotics etc etc.

A simple Serum B12 and Folate test at his doctor's surgery will eliminate or confirm a deficiency as the cause.

I wish you and your husband well.

• Posted

Tinnitus can be very annoying... My dad has it and he has had it for all of his life since he was 20 years old. I get temporary tinnitus usually when i have wax build up or im sitting in a quiet room for too long.

Try some vitamin B-12. My dad went to the doctors too and couldnt find anything wrong.. It used to drive him nuts and he would go crazy because of it. Until he learned to deal with it. If you're husband is all clear from these tests.. I would try to see if they have some kind of medicine for it.. But if not.. He might just have to live with it...

Hope all goes well

• Posted

I've had tinnitus on and off since the mid 1980s and originally put it down to a very large and noisy dot matrix printer serving the whole company and hammering away for hours on end in my very small office.  This was before "Health and Safety" required sound proofing hoods.

My doctor examined my ears, could see nothing wrong and simply told me to go away.

However, I'[ve had Pernicious Anaemia for 45 years which requires frequent injections of Vitamin B12 for the rest of my life and I have noticed a return of the tinnitus in the run up to my next scheduled injection.

Tinnitus is just one of the symptoms of B12 Deficiency so maybe when I'm "running low" hence the return of the tinnitus which then goes away for a while.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.