My leg pains are terrifying me, what could this be?

Posted , 6 users are following.

It started with random pain in my left calf that caused me to panic, that was a year ago. Now my pain is getting worse and is accompanied by new symptoms. Today I had pain in two spots on my right leg, laying down caused my legs to ache, and my leg ended up getting weak and the muscles tight. The aching when I lay down started in the last two weeks. I get an increasing number of headaches, which can radiate into my cheekbones.

I'm completely terrified, and my panic attack medication doesn't help at all with the pain. It has been written off as part of my anxiety issues, but I don't believe that's the case.

I need some direction because my doctors have given up and are sending me to a psychiatrist.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Scarlett, It is so hard to tell you exactly what is causing these terrible pains you are dealing with. First, you need to take some deep breaths and then slowly let it out. It will help your anxiety, panic attack. Have you been diagnosed with any illness like fibromyalgia, an autoimmune issue, chronic pain etc? Has your doctor done any labs on you? I have had pain in my right calf for many years but have been diagnosed with disease and illnesses that can cause these such pains. Its just so hard to tell you what it is with just symptoms you are experiencing. Are you drinking water and not dehydrated? Just know as terrifying as it is you need help with your pain. You have to be able to tell them what you have been dealing with and your medical history. Tell them what you may have been diagnosed with and what medications you might be taking. If you are in pain that you can't deal with you should go to Urgent care, or maybe Emergency room. I don't know if these services are available to you. Also is there anyone like a friend or family member who can help you with this. I wish I could help you in someway because I know how debilitating it is to experience calf pain because I struggle with the same thing and have for quite a long time. Im not sure about your headaches but think maybe from the other things your dealing with.I am just giving you suggestions, but can you see a different doctor for a second opinion? Do yo have to go with the doctors you are now seeing? I am going to pray for you to find the care and relief in the pain you are having. God bless you.

Kristyk

• Posted

Thank you so much, your response was very comforting. I'm in a family where a lot of them do have fibromyalgia, but they don't have panic attacks so I get grouped in with my aunt who is bipolar and I feel like if something really was wrong, everyone would still just tell me to take an ativan and shut up. I'll be following up with my doctor next week, if it gets worse before then though I'm sure I'll go to an urgent care because the weakness does scare me.

Thank you so much, and I send you luck and prayers in dealing with your own issues. It gives me hope that I can manage life even if this is something I can't change.

• Posted

I have anxiety issues myself due to the fibromialgia. It is common. My son is bipolar and you are not describing that at all. I get the same way and the unknown is frightening. I really hope you get help with your pain.

GOD BLESS YOU,

Kristyk

• Posted

Hi Scarlett

What country do you live in, I guess USA,  because I find it absolutely unexceptable that your doctor as given up on you and see's the only way to, (get Rid Of You), is to send you to a flaming Psychiatrist !!!!!!!!!

You could have Fibromyalgia, (I think that's the way you spell it).

How long have you been on this medicatiob for your panic attacks, and did these symptoms arrive soon after that ??

My heart goes out to you and please keep in contact.

Best heart felt wishes to you.

Kev  (UK)  confused

• Posted

Hi Scarlett, one condition which has to be discarded when dealing with "Random Pain" (please excuse the term), is Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome or CRPS.  It has similar symptoms to fibromyalgia although it starts to differ when you actually decribe the pain and sensation to the affected part of the body.  This condition is usually dealt with by a neurologist.  Best of luck, hope all goes well for you
  • Posted

Hi Scarlett

It sounds like you have Fybromyalgia google the symptoms yourself but as a fybro sufferer i feel sure this is where your pain is coming from take care Debbie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.