My moms been dizzy, nauseous, and feeling like she is going to pass out for about three weeks.

Posted , 3 users are following.

****My mom is bipolar,73 and started taking lamotrigene and also takes Fluoxetine, she stopped taking the fluoxetine but still feels dizzy and nauseous like she is going to pass out. The newest med was the lamotrigene, I can't figure out if its only the meds or she is getting older or what is going on. Please help with any thoughts.

Thanks you

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

If she suddenly stopped taking fluoxetine without weaning herself off then she could feel really sick, dizzy and disoriented. It can be quite dangerous with someone with bipolar to suddenly stop taking a medication that affects the brain without advice and contact from a doctor. Please ring her doctor for advice or if they are not around ring an out of hours medical helpline. Doctors are still taking telephone and video calls and when mental health is involved, it is really important to stay in touch. They will also see patients if it is an emergency.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.