My neck makes clicking noise every time i turn my head

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the past 8 months my neck clicks every time I turn my head. The click happens when I turn my head past center. It started after I made some intense stretches after which the base of my skull and neck was in some pain for around a week. But after the pain went away, this clicking remained and is still there until now. What should I do? Maybe anyone can relate?

Thanks

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i have the same issue too, every time I turn my neck I hear a crunching sound sometimes it feels like it’s coming from the back of my head. Feels so weird and scary.

• Posted

I had a severe fall from a galloping horse ,and landed on my shoulder .Lots of pain ,then my neck seized up ,left side ,very stiff ,hardly dare move my head ,Usual platitudes from GP .So I massaged it ,etc for years ,it still aches to this day ,but then the clicking started ,sounded like a rusty gate snapping . just happened with left side ,turning to the right No pain as such, but it was quite loud,

Recently i had a vesticular examination , and my neck was turned very abruptly to the left

causing a rush of pain .A couple of days later ,the clicking gate started again, but now it is almost constant , and runs all along the base of my skull. I reported this situation ,to the ENT

department ,but the consultant was on a long holiday However his secretary said she would "Sort it " and she did .I now have a appointment ,to see what was done to me .and ,hopefully repair it ,

I will tell you what happens ,if you are interested

Jacqueline

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.