My period is Ruining my life Please Help Me

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi guys smile

Just to give you a little bit of background information. I am 23 years old. Very healthy (Besides this aspect) I eat extemely healthy and my choices have even gotten healthier as i've read many articles that say your diet and excersise has a lot to do with cramps, etc. I am active and I feel like I have seriously tried everything I can do on my own to fix this.

I have tired countless birth controls with no luck, I am very senstive to medicines and birth control just does not agree with me. It makes me very sick, gain weight, have head aches, body aches, and vomit so I don't want to even go through trying more.

I have anual pelvic exams and pap smears which have all been normal.

I have seen countless doctors and they all say that i'm fine that it is all pretty much in my head but I like anyone else that suffers from issues like this know that I would do anything not to feel like this and being made to feel like it is in my head is so discouraging. The only thing they want to do is put me on birth control or give me and IUD neither of which I want.

OK now that you have a little background..

so my periods are always regualar almost down to the day.

I can feel it coming about a week in advance. But the night before or the first day of my period literally kill me. It doesn't happen every month but I would say that 75% of my life has been spent in terrible pain from my periods.

I get so sick that I have diarrhea, vomit, cramp so bad that I literally can't do anything but lay in the fetal position until it passes. My face gets ghost white and I get dizzy to the point where I can barely make it to the bathroom to get sick without falling over.. Like just typing this makes me want to cry because it is so terrible. Sometimes I get so dizzy and sick that I've had to sit in the shower naked with ice cold water pouring over me because I feel so hot and sick sad 

I know that I can't be alone on this.. someone please help me.

The only thing that I am doing right now that helps at all is taking 500 mg naproxen and I have a script for promethazine just to help with the neausa and vomiting.  

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

I know exactly how you feel. My period is ruining  My life. Like you I am very healthy I am actually vegan and giving up dairy really helped me because let's face it it is full of hormones. However, I am still in pain like you said 75% of the time.there was a brief time that I was on The pill and I didn't have my period and so I didn't have pain. However in the long run I think this has made my situation worse because before I had the pill I didn't have cramps. I would try giving up dairy for a few weeks and see if it can make a difference for you. For me I have pain before my period for about five days it is so excruciating sometimes all I do is cry. Like you I have been to the doctor and I have had an internal examination and apparently I am fine but I just don't see how anyone can live like this it is misery. So after the pain I then have to have my period for five days so basically a third of the month I am miserable

• Posted

Hi I am sorry that you have suffered so long have you thought about having derma prova injection every 3 months .It is contraception but it stops periods  you will get your life back.
  • Posted

omg i literally go through the same thing. Every freaking time i have a period. It is the worst thing no joke. Honestly the only that helps is talking milk of magnesia or some kindof laxitive days before you know itll happen and eat very light! I feel your pain girl but see if this works for you

• Posted

I'm 23 and I have exactly the same problem! I don't know what to do anymore as I don't want to go back on the pill that makes me feel s**t and doesn't really help that much. It stops me from going to uni or work sad Looking for help too! 

• Posted

Have you considered the Mirena coil instead?
  • Posted

Hi! 23 year old here with the same problem sad I fear the first day of my period every month and plan accordingly because it's so bad! I too barely make it to the bathroom and feel as if I'm going to pass out everywhere because it gets so bad. I haven't found any remedies for it either other than wait it out sad My heating pad is my best friend and chamomile tea kind of helps me relax a bit. I've been thinking of taking birth control in order to stop my symptoms, but like you, I'm scared I'm too sensitive for them as well. I'm just glad I'm not going through this alone, I felt I was too young for my period to ruining my life! Hang in there ?? 

• Posted

I was helped  in my thirties by taking vitamin B6 and capsules of Evening Primrose Oil. I had stopped these supplements for the years I was taking Diclofenac (NSAID) for another problem.  Since stopping that drug, my pains have become monstrous so am waiting for an delivery of B6 and EPO in the hope that starting them again may control the pains.  In the meantime Paracetamol does not touch the pain, but I took Ibufrofen (same class of drug as Naproxen and diclofenac) together with Paracetamol and that did help. My insides feel battered and bruised for days after. I would also agree with the advice of Olive and try cutting out dairy products.  When I have been physically fit (running and gym work) the pains have also been minimal. A nutritionist originally helped me with which supplements may help.  My sympathies are with you. Hang on in there.  Doctors have never been any help in my case.   In the future - if you want to get pregnant, bear in mind that NSAIDS (Ibuprofen, Naproxen etc) do lower your fertility.
  • Posted

I’m 13 but my mom had really bad periods and she passed it down to me (thanks mom 😂 ) today has been absolutely horrible I started my period in 4th grade and now I’m in 7th almost 8th. (Month and a half left of school) and I too throw up and feel dizzy. Today I have threw up two times and I actually had to quit my shower to throw up again and I seen stars and I felt so lightheaded I couldn’t even call for help so I had to sit there trying to call for help. I know how you feel its so bad, I’ve done took pain reliever medicine a lot today and I dread tonight cause I won’t get any sleep. I’ll be tossing and turning holding my stomach crying. I’m healthy but I don’t really eat healthy cause every teen eats junk food a lot and drinks soda at one point in their life. But anyways I’m really glad that there is someone else out there with my issues. ??

• Posted

Hi Andrea, I posted on here a while back, and have since taken 1000mg Evening Primrose Oil and also vitamin B6 and magnesium (together).  My pains were not helped at all with just paracetamol but if I took Ibuprofen as well, that did help a lot.  I don't get bad pains at all now.  It might be worth a try!  Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi,

I left a post on here 7 months ago.  I was suffering really badly at the time and was waiting for some Evening Primrose Oil (1000mg), magnesium and Vitamin B6 to arrive in the post.  Since I started taking them - my periods have become normal and pain free again.  I hope this helps someone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.