My period is way off

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 29 years old and in the last year I have been experiencing two periods every month that are extremely heavy is this normal or do I need to see a doctor

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

From the first day of the 1st period to the first day of the 2nd period are they close to 28 days apart? And when you say extremely heavy what does that Intail?
    • Posted

Its ten days apart and when I say extremely heavy within 30 minutes I have to change my super super absorbant tampon because I have bleed so much I have to change clothes also
  • Posted

Hey. You sound like me a few years back. I'm sorry cause I know how awful it is. You more than likely ha a uterine fibroid. I had to have mine removed. Which helped so much. If I would you I'd make an appt with a gynocologist to get a transvaginal ultrasound to check for fibroids. The quicker. The better so you don't have to keep suffering.
    • Posted

I don't have insurance so would I be able to go to my local health department and get it taking care of that way
    • Posted

Yes you should be able to. Let them know your symptoms and you suspect uterine fibroids. Good luck sweetie. I feel your pain and understand your fear. It will be ok. Good luck. Keep us up to date

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.