My personal experience with Bartholin Cyst Gland Removal

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

i felt like i needed to provide a post of my personal experience with a Bartholin Cyst, and Bartholin gland removal (the big surgery) as this website and everyone's testimonies has helped me prepare for the "big surgery".

I am now 2 weeks post-op of gland removal surgery and here's how it went.

LONG STORY SHORT, get the surgery. NOW.

Ive had about 5 cysts in the last 3 years, lancing, drainage, catheder, sitz baths, hot compressor, tea tree oil, you name it, i've done it. The pain of going to the hospital to drain these cysts, the numbing needle, the pressure, the feeling of instant relief once it was drained, the constant hospital bills with no health insurance.... The stress of knowing if it will come back after constant friction, extra wetness, more stress.. i couldnt take it anymore! i was avoiding the gland removal for so long and i really wish i did it sooner.

The day before my surgery i was up all night in pain, scared of the unknown and constant crying at women's horror stories of their experiences. EVERYONE'S EXPERIENCES ARE DIFFERENT! i was given anesthesia, prayed and hoped for the best. All i can say is alot of pressure i felt when i woke up, i couldn't sit but the recovery is not bad.. So so so much better than having a terrible awful throbbing size of an egg cyst. i was instructed to ice the area, take my meds and no sex for 3 weeks. (My boyfriend and i are really struggling, but he instructs me it needed to be done to further move on with my life) All that i feel is random "phantom pains", mild bleeding and just discomfort. i have a long scar of stitches on the inside of my labia that are super uncomfortable, and look a little crazy, but they said the stitches will eventually fall out in its own. i recommend to eat a lot of yogurt while you take the meds as i developed a yeast infection as well. i was instructed to take monistat but im kinda nervous about putting something up there so soon, and close to one of the insicions, ICE IT as much as you can. I feel at ease that i know i will never have this pain anymore, i feel a slight hard bump still but hoping that goes away in time too. Stay Strong, mentally and physically and try not to stress because thats one of the reasons why it comes along. The surgery is your best bet(if it keeps occuring) , i get goosebumps of just thinking how ive had a needle up there on various occaisons. Dont worry, theres always lube and atleast you still have another gland left lol. I will update in a month or so and tell my experience of how its going. Stay strong girlies, we are ALL powerful! Feel free to ask any questions. xoxo.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Samantha!

How are you doing after your surgery so far?

I am suffering from recurring Bartholin abscess on my right side. However, I get not infected cysts on my left side too. Two days ago I had just a clitoris orgasm and that f*** left cyst increased in size and started to hurt. It blows my mind to think that even a clitoris orgasm inflames these glands 😖. Hence, I might go for a complete removal of the gland in the future, considering that both of them are problematic in my case.

All the best to you! I hope you'll be free from this problem now that you've removed the gland 🌸

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.