My primary outbreak has lasted nearly 2 months and I am struggling not to completely lose my mind

Posted , 3 users are following.

no sign of letting up. Every day - backache, prickling, a few new blisters. A cycle. That pressing down feeling in my gut. I'm on 3g of valacivlovir throughout the day and lysine and monolaurin and all the rest but no stopping. Just more sickness.

What on earth do I do 😦

when i was first diagnosed I thought it would be ok but I'm not ok this is hell

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

how can other people have zero outbreaks on suppressants and i dont even have a day without

• Edited

I might not be too much help to you, I'll just say your not alone. I've had herpes for about 3 years, antiviral medicine doesn't work for me. My first year was the worst, I was sick everyday. I have a few good days here and there now, but unfortunately always break out before my period. I noticed really watching what I eat, cutting sugar out of my diet and switching the soap I used has helped. Honestly it's a daily battle for me with this disease. I write this now with an outbreak googling symptoms for swollen lymph node in my neck thinking maybe there was something else wrong with me because surely this disease couldn't be that bad.

• Edited

I've,also had swollen glands in my neck, been like that for awhile, then when, herpes, never had it before and I don't have sex, shocked me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.