My remedy to restless legs

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, My name is Fred, i'm 74 years old and have had 3 heart attacks subsequently I am rather inactive now, ie: I dont do/get much exercise. I have suffered from 'restless legs' for some time now and have tried all suggested treatments including imported quinine. As none of these didnt have any great effect.

I have tried leg exercising (which seemed to help with circulation?)

I have now retrieved my old exercise bike from my shed and found that 10 minutes of riding for me very beneficial.

If you have access to an exercise bike or pedal bike may I recommend you try this for 10 minutes any time and before bed. I ride my bike for 5 minutes to warm up and 5 minutes of hard pedal.

I find it makes the muscles warm and takes the aches away.

Anyway it seems to work for me.

GOOD LUCK

4 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I am a 76 year old male and I have suffered from restless legs syndrome for about 15 years and was taking medication which worked most of the time. About 4 months ago I changed to a whole foods plant based diet (no oil, no sugar) to address some issues including high blood pressure, high cholesterol and atherosclerosis. The results have been much better than I expected. My restless legs syndrome problem has disappeared! My arthritic condition in my shoulder disappeared! My blood pressure and cholesterol returned to normal and I lost 12 kgs in weight. I no longer take any medication!

• Posted

Hi,

This does make a big difference in the pain in my legs. THANKS

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.