My situation is different.

Posted , 5 users are following.

My husband is in a nursing home.  And , It is very expensive and the government takes too much money from us for his care.  I am scared that I will be homeless. And I am aware that I must stay strong, healthy and positive  for  my husband all that I do for him, and our pets.  He is in another  county/or Providence. So I have to ask for rides every week to bring food and books and other stuff.  And, Answer his questions. While I keep getting notification that the Government wants more money. Or that his medicine has been dropped etc.   It is all so scary. And, I hate living alone.  And fearful that I can not pay the rent........    Now if this should be deleted go ahead. I understand.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Would it be easier if you could hire someone to look after him in your home?  My 90 year old mom just passed away last Sunday & she never wanted to go into a nursing home so I arranged care for her in her own condo.  She loved the comfort of her own place until the day she died.  

• Posted

No money,  I have this plan with the government and  I have no choice- because My savings is now drained.....

• Posted

No...Its a long story.  But, Medi-Cal would still be called in because he requires round the clock care. And , I am handicapped.  I am afraid .."It is what it is."   I have never found a way out of all of this I have even talked to a lawyer for help.

• Posted

Why is he so far away from you .??? Usually people are put in care homes near to their families. Have you asked if he can be moved nearer to you ??
    • Posted

Because the original hospital told me, That they  could put him anywhere that they have a contract with that will take him.  { He requires 100% 24 hour care}  and I am handicapped, so would not send him home with me. And, Privately, I can't pay for   24 hour care.

• Posted

Hello dear. Could you pls.let me know in which country you are residing and also how much cost you the government care for your husband? I worked in many countries as professional carer, maybe I can give advice or help.
  • Posted

Would it be easier if you could hire someone to look after him in your home?   you have to arranged nurse. best safe option amongst all 
  • Posted

No , because I don't have the money.  And the state is paying for his care at a cost to me.    

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.