Myelodysplasia - slow progress

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

I've been diagnosed with MDS six years ago, with bone marrow biopsy and blood tests.

My neutrophil count is around 1 and thrombocyte about 50. These numbers have been fairly constant since. Is this unusual, or I am to expect sudden deterioration in foreseeable future? There is some lingering anxiety associated with all this. Anyone has/had similar experience?

53 yrs of age, M, other than MDS I am quite healthy.

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Anything is possible in good ways and bad ways. Just try to remain healthy.

• Posted

Thanks. I just got my latest blood test done, blasts appeared for the first time. I reacted pretty calmly, I surprised myself. Journey continues....

Bless you,

Steve

• Posted

Try to control your anxiety it could make things worse. You need to take vitamins daily and over time things will improve.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.