Mysterious nerve shooting pain inside gum where is no more teeth left?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi. First sorry my english is not my home languange i try to explain my situation. all my tooth is so bad condition that i plan to extract them all and made a denture eventually. So 8 month ago i sensed some shooting nerve pain in arround my left upper eye tooth.(that already had multiple cavity) This sooting pain is coming randomly, and the worst thing that i cant know when to happening next. So i extracted this teeth and this shooting pain stopped immediatly. 3months later this shooting pain come back again from nowhere, at the same spot , and happening again multiple time in a day. In that upper left area there are only 2 tooth remained in a bad shaped so i extracted them (plan to make a full denture as i said). I hoped that one of this tooth is the source of the pain. But not. Shooting pain continues and there is not a single tooth left that side. !!!

So this sharp pain as I sense is coming from deeply inside the gum. It is localized. I can pinpoint that exact location. If i touch and press this point i can trigger it immediatly until i done pressing it. So the pain is not the worst thing, the worst is that is shooting randomly only for a milisecond, at random time. Doesnt matter what i do eat, or drink, or do nothing, this shootings is totally random. It feels like a tooth nerve is inside a gum and irritated, but not a single tooth remained that area. I think its importat that sometime this shootings is pulsating with my pulse. I suffering from this around 8 month . There is 3 month time when this shooting suddenly stopped then i almost forgotted it, and suddenly come back then 4-5 days agony it stopped for 2-3 months then now happening again.

.So i visited dentist multiple time, take a 3D X ray scan an nothing to see that area. So next is booked an appointment to oral surgeon going to cut my gum and see there is something inside or what.

My questionis do you have tips what can this it be?

I already learned about Trigeminal neuralgia but i dont think that is the case. This is not as bad as i read TM is, and my pain is always localiced in that one place inside the gum, from the beginning.

Thanks for you answers.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.