Mystery chest pain/pressure

Posted , 1 user is following.

recently had first bouts with anxiety/panic attack. cut out the triggers for this : thc and caffein. which before were never an issue. usually exercise 5 days a week for almost 20 years. Can't even do that now. EKG and chest xray this week are good. check ecg on smart watch and have ecg techs review it every time as part of paid subscription service and its good every time. bloop pressure good. was having shortness of breath a bit, esp laying down and chest pressure. was around left side of chest over left pec and now in center on sternum and sometimes slightly to left of sternum/blow left pec. no severe pain but aware of it when I reposition myself from laying to sitting up or sometimes turning steering wheel. doc gave my some xanax and says anxiety. the xanax does trick and anxiety def dropped but still aware of this pressure. doc did say I had some mucus in lungs and I recently had covid but no symptoms or cough. confused if it's cardiac against what tests seem to say or maybe it's lung related. I do believe anxiety plays a role but outside of that I think there is a physical something. even when I'm fully relaxed I can sometimes feel the pressure in sternum and feel the tightness in chest come on. doesn't really hurt when I breathe. any ideas??

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.