Mystery vertigo, need help deseperatly!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Unexplained dizziness and near fainting.While walking and talking, sleep apnea at times.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

How long have you having this condition?. Do you have any other symptoms? If you've had these symptoms for a few months then you should have a CT Scan of head. If CT Scan of your brain is normal then you probably have anxiety and depression. You should practice mindfulness meditation.
    • Posted

CT was notmal, going for a brain MRI...symptoms:

Movement in head at times, numbness in left , discomfort in neck, sleep apnea, infection in rectum. I develppped sleep apnea along with the dizziness, also a pain in shoulder blade. All test came clean, except ammonia level was a bit high. I can dodge the fainting by moving fast. Also i dont know if it will help, but I have a low pulse (i am athletic).

Thank you so much.

• Posted

Hi,

Don't assume it's anxiety. Many, many, almost all here say that they developed anxiety AFTER their dizziness. Good luck with your MRI tomorrow. It may be several problems... BPPV (vertigo) is very common, caused by a sudden movement of inner-ear crystals to the vestibular canalsm, where they are telling your brain you are moving when you're not! Easy to fix (if you find someone who does it correctly).

If your MRI is ok, they will most likely send you to an ENT or an audiologist that may help, or you might be sent to a neurologist if it is balance related. Could be a virus too, as many here have. That should resove in time, too. Good luck!

• Posted

Thank you for your input.

It all started with one near fainting episode. And headeachs, and sleep apnea and chocking and waking up grasping for air.

One thing for sure I have both a neck problem undiagnosed and i know my gut flora is unbalanced.

It is furstrating to work with this condition, while I can run and workout for hours with no problem.

• Posted

I have had anxiety condition for long time without knowing. When I have constant headache, off balance, fainting sensation for more than 3 months and I thought I have a very serious condition. I was afraid to have CT Scan of my brain until my wife forced me to do so. After CT Scan is normal, on the next day my symptoms reduce 70% then I just realize that my symptoms were axacerbated by my anxiety.
    • Posted

for neck pain and numbness sensation and pain in shoulder blade, you should consult and treat by a chiropractor.
    • Posted

Glad it was nothing serious, or I should say easily treatable. Yes, I can see where anxiety would make a physical problem worse, by all means it can.
  • Posted

Forgot also to mention, I feel vibration sensation in my ear. I did a hear test, which turned that i have an excellent hearing. But I don't if that was a proper test.

My brain feels like it shrinks at times, Also when i get the sleep apnea I wake up and my throat and mouth are very dry.

• Posted

I would be happy if just anxiety....but then i did suffer from sleep apnea at the same time. Not as intense as few months ago, but I do choke and wake up at times grasping for air.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.