Narrow stools with grooves in it & feeling like something is blocking when I try to make a bowel mov

Posted , 9 users are following.

This has been going on for a month... And feels like it's just getting worse.... I have no blood. I have bouts of constapation feeling and diarrhea... i am 23 year old female.are these colon cancer symptoms?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like IBS. My boyfriend has it. He gets a mix of constipation and diarrhea because of it. For him too, sometimes it gets worse. Blood, weight loss and anemia are the red flags for colon cancer usually. Btw anxiety impacts your bowels, thats probably why it feels like it's getting worse. Go to the doctor to ease your mind.

• Posted

What kind of diet do you have-maybe you need to change what you eat ?

Doubt you have cancer but I am not a doctor.

If this continues I would speak to a doctor-he may prescribe a natural no sugar laxative (Laxido)-which will help you pass stools more easily.

stay away from too much sugary food-cake/choc/etc etc-more fibrous food-sweet potatoe/broccoli and fruit-

dried fruits (which have sugar but its naturally sweet- (sucrose)-are best-

Avoid take aways!Full of fat and carbs!

• Posted

NO they are not, but you may require antibiotics, that`s all.  Make a GP appointment, meanwhile, keep drinking and make sure to replace those electrolytes - Drink highly alkaline mineral water and Lucozade Sport.
    • Posted

I`ve never heard of sugar altering a stool, but fruit juices will tend to too loose and proteins to too hard.  Overly loose is n`t a normal movement, and can be accompanied by feelings of constipation for no other reason than this.
  • Posted

Did you figure out the cause of the grooves? I'm having the same issue.

• Posted

same here. did you ever find out what was going on?

• Posted

hey any update about your symptom do you have mucus in your stool because im have loot mucus in stool

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.