Natural remedies for large fibroids vs surgery

Posted , 1 user is following.

dear all

please kindly share your experiences

i am considering whether or not to have surgery. i have mixture of subserosal and intramural fibroids. I look pregnant with 20cm uterus because of the fibroids.

I had MRI (paid privately). according to the result, The largest fibroid is a subserosal fibroid at the dorsal base of the uterus measuring 9.2 cm. A fundal fibroid is seen at the right side of the uterus measuring 8.4 cm. Innumerable other smaller intramural and subserosal fibroids are demonstrated (at least 10). No convincing pedunculated fibroids have been seen. The endometrium lies distorted within the fibroids and measures 0.7 cm in maximum thickness. The junctional zone remains preserved. The internal os is normal although it is constraint by the fibroids. The normal cervical anatomy recognised. The bladder remains compressed by the fibroid uterus. Both adnexa are suspected laterally displaced - seen by the presence of follicles. A small amount of free fluid is noted within the pouch of Douglas. No pelvic sidewall nodes are seen of significance. No restricted diffusion is seen. Neither ureters are distended within the pelvis.

main issues for me are the pressure on my bladder, constipation, and whether this will impact on fertility. I will soon be 40.

I want to try natural remedies to shrink the fibroids but worry that 9cm fibroid is too big. but on the other hand worry about any complications following surgery as I am single with no one to pay my bills if I am ill.

the messages about natural remedies are mixed so please kindly share your own experience or suggestion. thank you

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.