Neck pain, swollen lymph node and nausea help.

Posted , 2 users are following.

About 3 weeks ago I noticed a random lump on my neck that turned out to be a swollen lymth node. I saw my GP who confimred I had no visable infections and I had told him I was genrally feeling fine. He messure it and told me to go back in 2 weeks if it was still there. 

It has now been 2 weeks and I have another appointment due tomorrow as the lump in still there but it has gotten slightly smaller. A long with this in the past week I have started to get a lot of neck pain. I can move it fine but it feels very tight and uncomfortable espesially in the evenings and when going to bed. I have also noticed that with the neck pain I keep getting nausea and pressure in my head that makes me feel rather fuzzy. It's not like my usual headaches as there is no throbbing but rather a pressure or tightness in forehaead. I have been a bit shakey with this and find it hard to focus.

I'm getting rather stressed with not knowing what it is and constantly feeling crap which is probably causing anxiety. I'd say I'm rather healthy and fairly active, I'm also only 25. Does anyone else have these symtoms and know what it might be? Any suggestions for combaing the neck pain, nausea and headaches? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi - your symtoms rang a bell with me! I noticed a lump in my neck last july, and kept going to the GP every week, went through 3 courses of antibiotics despite having no other "infective" symtoms and after a while it started to feel painful and tight. Eventually I was referred to Head & Neck and had an ultrasound which I was told was all normal. However I then went on a 12 hour flight and really struggled as this lump felt fit to burst under the pressure! Around november time I then started experiencing headaches that were different to headaches I had had previously, nonspecific pressure in the head that lasted for days Again i underwent investigations and had a CT head which again was told was all normal.

Nearly a year on the lump in the neck is still there and stiil no closer to finding out what it is - my only hope is its related to my tonsils which I am having removed soon and maybe if it is a swollen lymph node it may go down once dodgy tonsils are gone. Hope that helps

• Posted

Thanks Louise, 

I've had tonsillitis a few times before but not in a while now. Last time I had it, it was much more in my left tonsil which is where the swollen lymph node is so could be related. It has never swollen before though even when I have had tonsillitus.

All the best for your op though.  

• Posted

Hi Laura - I havent had tonsilitis as such for a long time, the antibioitics were given but i never had the symptoms i had had with it before, other than enlarged tonsil on same side as lump. Hope you feel better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.