Neck protrusions

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I have 4 disc protrusions in my neck. I assume they are due to posture over the years (still young only 21 years old male) - no accidents or trauma. I have been doing physical therapy for 1.5 months, oral steroid taper, traction, and acupuncture. I have improved slightly, and the most effective was the oral steroids. I had no pain (10% or less and no muscle spasms that usually occur 24/7). It was great, but it was only a 7-day taper from 60mg-10mg.

I am still unable to do certain activities (shave, drive for long periods, exercise) without getting burning pain that goes down my neck and into the shoulder, and results in spasms and consequently jaw pain. I'm not sure what else to try? Any ideas?

I am into fitness and this has me on a break (September is when these flareups started). Not sure what else I can do. I am going to get an epidural steroid injection next month.

MRI:

c3-c4: 1.6mm central and bilateral foraminal disc protrusion resulting in indentation of ventral thecal sac

c4-c5: 1.9mm central disc protrusion which indents the ventral thecal sac

c5-c6: 1.5mm central disc protrusion which indents the ventral thecal sac

c6-c7: 1.1mm central disc protrusion

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.