Need advice I am desperate

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I am new to this discussion just after Christmas I went to bed as normal and as soon as my head hit the pillow I was wide awake and clock watched all night and I have been like this since, I just can't fall asleep my mind is clear I'm relaxed but I just toss and turn look at the ceiling all night, I went to the doctors after a week of no sleep and explained I was finding it hard to function now so he prescribed Zopiclone 7.5mg to be taken every 3rd night for about 3wks and it would kick my system back into zinc but I found the day after I took it I felt worse and then the two nights without it I was wide awake again and spent all night just staring into space so after 3 was of that I was no better off at all yes the tablet knocked me out for 8 hrs the night I took it but I felt worse for it. So fast forward another 6wks on to now I'm still no better I have tried all the normal stuff watt milky drink, warm bath, going for walks, not going to bed until I feel tired, reading, watching tv, listening to soothing music. This is now 10 weeks in total I have had no more than 20mins a night since Christmas I look like death warmed up and losing weight rapidly because I have completely lost any kind of appetite it's now ruling me my life I can't function I just keep bursting into tears and my moods are so up and down. I can't even sit in the chair and doze I'm just awake. I'm shocked that I am still standing to be honest but I can see I will just burn out soon as it's getting harder to focus and my memory is awful. Got a new doctor she is anti sleeping tablets and gave me lots of fact sheets about relaxing and good sleep methods which haven't worked and wants to see me in 4 weeks I really don't know if I can survive another 4 weeks with no sleep.

Any advice would be appreciated as I do feel I'm slowly losing the plot 

Thank you Karen

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dont take any pils. Drink herb tea and do some kind of sport. I can not sleep when I am not tired.   
  • Posted

Did the dr test your thyroid function?

This happened to me and several months later I was diagnosed with an overactive thyroid.

• Posted

Hi you are not alone. I could not sleep for months on end. I ended up taking sleeping tablets same ones as yourself they worked fine but I became reliant on them.so stopped them.I now bath using epsom bath salts couple of hours b4 I go to bed it helps me relax and get me to sleep within 1and 2 hours I'm a sleep.I know how you feel I was exactly like u.crying getting angry it horrible. But if you still not sleeping get your gp to refer you to have an egc this is where they wire your head it's painless. JU still to see what going on in your brain. Let me know how you get on. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.