Need Advice : Is it really required for me to have AV fistula?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I'm a patient diagnosed with CKD and undergoing Dialysis. My doctor suggested kidney transplant. My wife volunteer to be the donor and doing the necessary tests. I'm doing dialysis at a different hospital and the main doctor at the hospital (who is also famous and expert) is a close relative of my wife. He suggested doing AV fistula before transplant.

The doctor who were treating me before suggested that might put pressure in me. So I'm confused here.

So my question is here, can I go with this Perm catheter and avoid AV fistula till the transplant? Is it really necessary to have it?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Not knowing all the details . i would ask your doctors why there is the difference of opinion and which would be more compatible for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.