Need advice. Vaginal atrophy causes frequent urination (GSM).

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm experiencing vaginal atrophy / GSM. My OBGYN prescribed me with Imvexxy 10 mcg. I've been using it daily for the past 8 days. It has so far reduced the burning sensation. The symptom that bothers me most is the frequent need to urinate. I do not think this frequent urination symptom has improved ever since I started Imvexxy.

How long I need to wait before I could see improvement in this area? I would like to know your experience, and would like to know what I can do in the meantime.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hi!

You need to retrain your bladder.. had the same problem 😕 I went to pelvic floor physical therapy to learn how to strengthen my pelvic floor. That included kegel exercises, believe it or not there is a wrong way to do them. Retraining your bladder isn't fun but don't go every time you feel you need to, wait until your bladder is completely full, and when you do go make sure you empty it completely, after you're done, lean forward and put some pressure on your bladder to squeeze out what may be left. Google pelvic floor exercises and kegels, you'll be surprised how much it helps along with the med you're using.

I use Estrace cream and have been on it a couple years now, none of this is a quick fix, but if you stick with it I think you'll be happy.

Good Luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.