NEED ANSWERS PLEASE

Posted , 6 users are following.

y brain has been having the feeling of crawling/tingling/tickling. I've been to emergency room twice because it has been an all day and night sensation. My tonsils have been swollen for months. Doctors said its allergies, then one says I have sinus infection that's causing these feelings..... so I was given antibiotics. Only made things worse, I wake up in the middle of the night confused and disoriented. I've gotten a CT scan and found nothing, blood work was fine . I do not know what else to do and I feel like I'm going crazy

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Travis, I went through a similar experience that eventually landed me up in the local hospital. I t appeared after some thoughtful consideration I had contracted Henic Schonlein Paupura. The culprit was Trimethoprin.

• Posted

thank you for the reply. I was given amoxicillin 500. take 3 times daily for two weeks, but I was having all these symptoms before given antibiotics. I went to the hospital because I was having these unbearable feelings. what did you do to get rid of feelings?

• Posted

Once I had completed my medication the symptoms gradually died down. Long term wise this initial medication set the seed for peripheral neuropathy that was endorsed last year by a course of chemotherapy following an operation for bowel cancer. I am now receiving Neurontin/Gabapentin medication, I am informed that the PN I have will in all probability last for the remained of my life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.