Need feedback on Buspirone please

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm about to take Buspirone and wonder if taking this before bed would cause insomnia? I'm suppose to take 5mg; one in the morning and 1 at night for anxiety, OCD & phobia to noise.

Would love to hear from those who are on this drug- the pros and cons, please. Thanks.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Buspar is good for GAD and your dose is low, but i guess its the starting dose . I used it a long time ago. Its was fine did work nicely and calmed down the gad .easy to come off of.

im not sure it is strong  enough for ocd though. 

• Posted

I'm on buspirone, doesn't cause insomnia for me, I'm on them for anxiety, ocd and depression used to be on 20mgs a day, no issues. 

Hope this helps x

• Posted

Thanks, Michelle. Did you take Buspirone in the morning or at night and does it have a sedative effect?
    • Posted

I took it both am and pm. It did have a sedative affect, but that way I knew I would get sleep at night. Which for me was crucial. Hope this helps xx
  • Posted

I am on buspirone 71/2 mg am 71/2 mg at night but it doesn't seem to bother me I fall asleep with no problem. But everyone is different! Hang in there it will get better! God bless!

• Posted

My psychiatrist wasn't keen on prescribing Buspirone, saying this is a "hit or miss" drug. Had no choice but to order online- manufactured in India. Tried numerous psy drugs but they made my anxiety/ocd worst. Thought I'd give this a shot. This condition has stolen 6 precious years of my life, including an opportunity to attend university and turned my parents' lives upside down, which made me feel so guilty. Just feeling so helpless & isolated.

• Posted

The meds sometimes causes the anxiety to get worse before it gets better. I have taken buspirone & am back on it again. Give it some time. It will get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.