Need help i am really worried

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi i am 32 years old i live in gulf region i had an unprotected sex with an unknown guy on December 2012 after one month i had pimples on my face, dry throat, swollen lymph nodes in neck, dry cough for one month, Nausea, Fatigue, Shortness of breath for few days. I ignored all my symptoms and thought its because of weather changing and never got tested. I got married in August 2014 and everything was going well after few months of marriage my wife felt so much pain in her stomach and shortness of breath i took her to hospital for checkup the doctor took an ultrasound and said every thing is fine after 6 month of my marriage my wife got pregnant and she got all her tests in government hospital i am not sure if the hospital do the HIV test here in gulf region or not for all pregnant womens. I got a boy in September 2015 with a normal delivery. When my wife tried to feed him in few weeks he became very thin and weak i took him to hospital then doctor said to feed him formula milk maybe mother milk is not suiting him we started giving him formula he then get back to good health. From January 2016  I felt same symptoms as before and additional symptoms like very bright and blurry vision, tingling in hand and feets, weight loss of 10kg in three months, diarrhea, dry and white tounge, chest pain, very fast heart beat, pimples on face and shoulders. I got tested for hiv antibody in january 2016, then in fabruary same test from another hospital, p24 gen test in april, syphilis test, hepatitis b test. All came negative just vitamin d deficiency got detected I took injections for it but still have all symptoms. In july 2016 I told my doctor to take vitamin b12 test and it was very low 30pg/ml and they gave me injections for it I feel better after taking them but again I am feeling all the symptoms my left shoulder and arm feel very weak. The strange thing is all of my family got tested for vitamin b12 and all of them got vitamin b12 deficiency even my wife she is from other family but still she got this vitamin deficiency. My nails are getting thick of hands and legs. Leg nails and hand nails started getting vertical lines. I have a 1 year 2 month boy who seems to get weaker day by day. I am seeing this happening in front of my eyes doctor here dont take me seriously and most of them think I am crazy. I want to ask does the hiv test show false results continues if the vitamin b12 is very low. I also get my wife tested for hiv antibody on february 2016 her results also came negative. Please doctor help me I am confused and hopeless.

Thank you

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

a long story,

do tests for TB. and chest X-ray. just to rule-out this chest problem with weakness and loss of wt.

• Posted

did so many test starting from January 2016, Chest, backbone, neck X-rey, TB, MRI BRAIN, ENDOSCOPY, all came good with no issues only my and my wife B12, Vitamin D level was very low which doctor tested when i searched on google and told them to do. Else they would have leave me with so many other tests and more problems. Still feeling not well and having pimples on head and face with all other symptoms. Even i lost more one kg of my weight in july 2016 my last visit to doctor my weight was 68Kg now its 67Kg. in January my weight was 78kg in three months it reduces to 68kg. I dont know what is happening with me and my family.
    • Posted

Even i go for Heart doctor who did my LIPID PROFILE the result came ldl 154, and hdl 28, then doctor gave me cholestrol tablets for one month i have to go back for the checkup.
  • Posted

Are you in the private medical system or government? There are some excellent facilities in the gulf countries. Which country are you in?
    • Posted

I am in Bahrain and I did all my tests in private sector. Only my wife pregnancy and all her checkup till her delivery were done by government hospital.
    • Posted

I'm in the gulf too. My understanding is that HIV test wouldn't normally be done. If it was then I suspect you would have visa issues (unless Bahraini). If the doctors can't find any issue based on all the tests you have done perhaps stress is a factor?

• Posted

Testing is not a issue but if the results come positive then the ministry of health will inform the company where we are working. And have to leave the country. I am not worried about leaving the country but I want to know what's wrong with me and my family I also thought before that this could be because of stress but I see my wife is also having same symptoms. And day by day getting worse.

• Posted

Am I hearing you right?  YOU HAVE TO LEAVE THE COUNRTY IF YOUHAVE AIDES???!!! WTF! That's cruel! I bet you want to get to the bottom of this! 

• Posted

Yes that's what I am trying to do from January visiting all the hospitals speaking to all the doctors doing all the tests to get diagnosed what am I into. Will go for more tests but doctors are very much sure it's not HIV. I wish I get diagnosed soon will go for b12 test again next month.

• Posted

It all sounds very terrifying!  

I had B12 deficincy and low D, they found me to have Celiac disease, a very common disease and runs in families  (1 in about 120 folks have it) and pernicious anemia.  Please go get checked!

• Posted

You likely have this information, but just in case you don't I copied and pasted; vitamin B12 deficiency can happen if you have certain conditions, such as:

Atrophic gastritis, in which your stomach lining has thinned

Pernicious anemia, which makes it hard for your body to absorb vitamin B12

Surgery that removed part of your stomach or small intestine, including weight

loss surgery

Conditions affecting the small intestine, such as Crohn's disease, celiac disease, bacterial growth, or a parasite

Heavy drinking

Immune system disorders, such as Graves' disease or lupus

Long-term use of acid-reducing drugs. Stomach acids help break down animal proteins that have vitamin B12.

• Posted

Yes I have read most of the topic over internet including this. I forgot to mention above I insisted my doctor to do the CD4 count in May 2016 and it was above 800 so he told me to calm down and don't take much stress.

• Posted

calm down and don't take on to much stress? funny . . . NOT!

What is a CD4?  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.