Need some adivice on my moods.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hiya everyone

Just wanted to know if people who are depressed go through low periods of mood then after 4 weeks feel ok. Then can be weeks later i feel low again.

Also I have a really akward problem.I am hoping to find out if I can see a psychiatrist by end of the week however i feel really good in myself now and can't talk or express my feelings when in a low mood.

I keep telling myself it won't come back then sometimes it will come back.I think I am fighting it now from coming back.

Does anyone have any advice and/or do others experience this?

Thank

Jon

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Jon

Make an appointment with your GP and explain your concerns. Do you know why you are suffering the way you are, you need address your concerns and move on.

BOB

• Posted

Hi Bob

I see him every 2 or so months. He reffered me to a psychiatrist and hoping to get a appointment.

I have said this to my counsellor any gp but know one is giving a straight answer!!

• Posted

Luckily feel good now though. It's just it keeps coming back for no reason.

• Posted

Jon

A referral can take upwars of 8/10 weeks before you see Psychiatrist.

In the UK Mental Health is a Cinderella Service and you need to be patient.

If your feelings are more positive see how you go

To know why you feel the way you do, you can talk it out and move on.hopefully you can address your negativity

BOB

• Posted

Great thanks for telling me that. Yeah just going to monitor my feelings. Some days the fight is stronger than others as you know.

Keep thinking they'll come back because it has a quite a few times before in the last ten years.

Jon

• Posted

Hi Jon. Personally i would follow up with suggestions above, but also have a note book handy so you write all your moods down, this is helpful when you see anyone else, don't be shy in talking about your issues, it is sometime a good release to let the emotions and words out, you will need some help so be prepared with as much details as you can. Keep us all posted on progress or if you need advise. all the best..

• Posted

Thanks Anthony.

Luckily I have a 5 year diary!! And can pinpoint how long a where things have changed smile thanks for your advice.

Jon

• Posted

Hi Jon, go to your doctor and ask him to take all the blood test required for your condition as your moods are going up and down without any serious resons. May be it has to do with your hormones or something else.

Keep in touch.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.