nephrocalcinosis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im soo scared.

Ultrasound on kidneys show calcium in kidneys which gp said was known as nethrocalcinosis

Hes referring me to urology.

Ive read scary stuff about kidney stones and failur.

Im so scared and confused!!!!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I know how worried you must be, I had a ultrasound on my kidneys which showed a cyst on left kidney, that was last year now I am so worried because I am in pain every day and some times it ruptures and I have brown blood also it feels like something is growing inside of me, I am going to my doctor again on Friday to try and get him to order another ultrasound, I hope it goes well for you....
  • Posted

Please try not to be frightened . Not that I'm an example. There are lots of people in the same boat so to speak. 

I was taken really ill last year and have had one recent relapse but the hospitals are generally very supportive and do their best. 

I don't think patients go trough pain as was known in the past and there is a fair chance of complete recovery . Hope treatment goes well for you , 

Regards, E

• Posted

Dear W,

About a year ago I was hit with incredible weakness, sickness and diarrhea. Tried Gp several times, local hospital too. No one had any idea of the cause. Eventually I ended up in the local hospital, who had no idea. As they put it, " your not getting any better!" After several weeks an elderly doctor came onto the ward and said, I think you have a serious kidney conditiion, he was visiting his son who worked on the unit. They called an ambulance who took me to a city hospital. My blood pressure on the day 90/60 so I was, pretty ill. But then it's easy to to wise once you know the cause, hindsight is a quality one cannot train for.

Diagnosis, Nephrotic Syndrome. Spent several weeks on dialysis, a most unpleasent experience.

Regards , E

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.